Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Strawberry Frenzy

Sometimes I'm too ambitious. Surprise, I know! *wink *wink*

I go through phrases where I make an extra effort to eat fresh fruits and veggies and inevitably I end up buying more than we can eat and it goes bad, which just breaks my heart!

This time we had too many strawberries and I had to get creative. We did 3 things to use them up:
1. Slice and freeze in small ziplock bags
2. Use the fresh strawberries in a smoothie along with frozen ones from the last time we had this problem.
3. Make strawberry waffles (my new favorite use)

Thing Two is 16 months old and a very picky eater but waffles are one thing I know she will always eat.


We made a TON of strawberry waffles and froze them between pieces of wax paper. Now, when Thing Two won't eat anything I pop a waffle in the toaster and she's happy!


What do you do when you have too much of something in your kitchen?

No comments :

Post a Comment